CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 17, 2011

Back to School Bulletin Board

Kristen at
shared a cute project she did for Flag Day using Wordle. That inspired me to use Wordle to create my first bulletin board of the year. I am going to have my students create a self-portrait and then have the parents send me a list of 10 words to describe their child. I will take the lists and type them into Wordle and print them to put under their portraits. We will reveal the portraits to the parents at Open House. I have attached the parent letter I created in case anyone else wants to use it.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mrs. K! Thanks for the shout out and I LOVE your idea for Wordle!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,

    Your site deserves a shout out! Thanks for being my first follower. I plan on posting some pictures of my back to school Worldle idea once it is implemented this August.

    Happy Teaching!

    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea of asking the parents to describe the students - gets to know them and builds that home-school partnership that is so vital!

    I have used wordle in a similar way but the parent involvement puts your idea over the top! Cool!

    ReplyDelete